- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a large saucepan over high heat, add the vegetable oil and cook the ground chicken until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, onion, thyme, sage, cinnamon, allspice, clove, salt and pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and lower the heat to medium and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the raisins, add salt and pepper if needed and cool to room temperature.
- Spoon the meat mixture into the pie crust, top with the top crust and pinch the edges to seal. Cut slits in the top to allow steam to escape and brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown. If the top browns too quickly, cover the edges with aluminum foil.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
© 2015-2016 Molson Coors Canada, for more beer and food pairings, visit www.brewsandbites.ca.
Suggested Pairings: A Christmas classic! Or great any time of the year (Maple Month, anyone?). If you choose to dribble maple syrup on your slice, consider pairing it with a full bodied style maple ale to match the common flavours. Or try your serving with a robust style, brown ale.
What beer did you pair with this recipe? Let us know using the hashtag #CheersCanada.