- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (about 400 degrees F).
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, onion, garlic, Ted Reader’s Bone Dust BBQ Spice, breadcrumbs, Cream Ale, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Mix well to combine, taking care not to over mix.
- Lay non-stick foil, non-stick side up, onto pizza pan sealing foil over pan. Lay meat in an even layer onto foil-lined pan, pressing meat out to edges and removing as much air as possible. Create a raised edge of meat mixture around the edges of the pan to form a crust. Place another sheet of non-stick foil on second perforated pan, non-stick side up, and place pan upside down onto meat layer. (You will need this pan to flip the BBQ Meatzza later.)
- Place pan with meat ‘crust’ onto grill, and grill for 6-8 minutes until nearly cooked through. Reduce grill temperature to low, flip pizza pans over together with meat crust sandwiched in between (so that bottom pan is now on top) and return to grill. Grill for an additional 6-8 minutes. Remove meat crust from grill and carefully flip it over again, so that the top side, with the raised edge, is facing up.
- Remove the top pan with foil, and spread a generous layer of BBQ sauce onto meat crust. Spread cheese evenly over sauce and top with sliced grilled meatballs, smoked sausage, Italian sausage, grilled chicken, sliced red peppers, onions and pinto beans. Sprinkle an even layer of parmesan cheese over top and return Meatzza to grill. Grill-bake pizza for 10-12 minutes until meat is medium-well done and cheese is ooey gooey and delicious.
- Remove Meatzza from grill and allow to cool slightly to ‘set’. Carefully slide pizza off pan onto a cutting board.
- Slice BBQ Meatzza into 8 and serve immediately.
© Muskoka Brewery Inc.
Suggested Pairings: Find commonalities by pairing this pizza with a cream ale or try it with a range of styles from easy drinking to complex, depending on what you like.
What beer did you pair with this recipe? Let us know using the hashtag #CheersCanada.