- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Season each side of the short ribs generously with five spice, salt and pepper.
- In a Dutch oven on high heat, on the stove, sear short ribs fat side down first to allow rendering. Do not move for at least 3-4 minutes. Form a nice crust.
- Drain off half of the rendered fat and discard.
- Add garlic, cinnamon, chillies, cardamom, bay leaves, and sage. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add both the Coors Light and beef stock to the Dutch oven. Cover and cook for 1.5 hours.
- After 1.5 hours take out of the oven and flip the beef. Return to the oven for an additional 1.5 hours.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
© 2015-2016 Molson Coors Canada, for more beer & food pairings visit www.brewsandbites.ca.
Suggested Pairings: Easy drinking and refreshing beer styles would pair well with this dish. Or you could go full bodied and try a spiced beer to compliment the spicy short ribs.
What beer did you pair with this recipe? Let us know using the hashtag #CheersCanada.