- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine half the garlic, lime zest, jalapeno, paprika, cilantro stems and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil with the shrimp.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the BBQ to medium heat.
- Brush the romaine halves with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the other half of the garlic and set aside.
- In a blender, combine avocado, remaining olive oil, lime juice, and honey. Blend until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the lettuce for 1-2 minutes per side until charred, remove from the grill and increase the BBQ to high heat.
- Grill the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side until charred and cooked through.
- Place the grilled lettuce on a serving platter, top with the shrimp, cilantro leaves, green onions and a fresh squeeze of lime juice.
© 2015-2016 Molson Coors Canada, for more beer & food pairings visit www.brewsandbites.ca.
What beer did you pair with this recipe? Let us know using the hashtag #CheersCanada.