- Wash the lentils thoroughly.
- Saute the onions and celery in the butter for 10 minutes.
- Add the water, tomatoes, salt, pepper and lentils.
- Cover loosely and cook over low heat for 2 hours.
- Force through a sieve or puree in an electric blender.
- Return to the sauce-pan and add the beer and potatoes.
- Cook 20 minutes. Taste for seasoning.
This soup is high in protein and easy to make. You can stir in the beer of your choice. We suggest a brown ale.
What beer did you use with this recipe? Let us know using the hashtag #CheersCanada.