- Whisk together beer, eggs and 1/2 cup of reserved clam juice in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and baking powder.
- Whisk in the beer mixture until well combined.
- Stir in clams.
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in large, deep frying pan to 360°F.
- Drop in clam mixture by the tablespoonful and cook for 2 or 3 minutes, turning so that it browns on all sides.
- Work in batches and do not overcrowd the pan.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.
We like to pair shellfish, like clams with a refreshing style beer like a Hefeweizen.
What beer did you use with this recipe? Let us know using the hashtag #CheersCanada.