- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, bring broth and 3 cups water to boil.
- Add sweet potatoes, carrot, onion, garlic, barley and sage and return to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until barley is tender but still chewy, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and using an immersion blender (or in a blender in batches) pulse soup 10 to 12 times until partially smooth with some chunks remaining.
- Stir in chicken; cover and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in zucchini and kale.
- Let stand until kale is wilted and zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar.
© 2015-2016 Molson Coors Canada, for more beer & food pairings visit www.brewsandbites.ca.
Suggested Pairings: Ales, like cream, amber and mild, from the thirst quenching and smooth styles pair wonderfully with sweet potatoes. Or if you have a liking to hops, try this soup with a bold style IPA.
What beer did you pair with this recipe? Let us know using the hashtag #CheersCanada.