- Heat the BBQ to high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, beer, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Rub the beef tenderloin with the spices and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Rub the oil on the BBQ and grill the tenderloin for 2 minutes on each side, then reduce the heat to medium.
- Continue to grill until an instant-read thermometer reads 130°F for medium-rare, about 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Transfer beef to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush the apple slices with the melted butter on both sides and grill for 3-4 minutes per side, until lightly charred.
- Remove from grill, drizzle with honey, cinnamon and lemon juice and serve with the beef.
Suggested Pairings: A full bodied or robust style beer would be best with this dish. The mildly sweet essence of roasted malt is a perfect match for grilled tenderloin. Enjoy!
What beer did you pair with this recipe? Let us know using the hashtag #CheersCanada.
© 2015-2016 Molson Coors Canada, for more beer & food pairings visit www.brewsandbites.ca